Monday, January 21, 2013

Ab Fix

Here's a few of my favorite ab exercises that I like to do after a workout video or just to ad a little ab work to my day if I happen to not workout.
Basic crunch, I like to do 25-30.
Side crunch, I usually do 15-20.

Reverse crunch, I like to do mine with a straight leg, in slow counts, 4 up and 4 down.

Crunches with legs raised, some people like to lift their legs as they're lifting their head, I like to keep my legs elevated and instead of a technical "crunch" I keep my head/shoulders lifted off the floor and do pulse crunches.  Usually do 10-20, then lower my head and keep my legs elevated a few inches in the air and hold them there for 10-20 counts.

Russian Twist, I hold a hand weight in both hands as I do this one, and I touch the weight to the floor on the next to my hip. I do about 30 of these, go to each side 15 times.

The Superman, this is a great one too, I feel all abs as I do this, I breath out as I lift my arms and legs off the floor, inhale as I lower back to the floor. I do 20-30 of these, hold for a count or two whenever I lift up.

No comments:

Post a Comment